Monday, January 10, 2011

90 day bible study

I am very excited to start the (revised) 90 Day Bible Study with the SAHM group in Daphne! I am a long-distance member, but I am still very much anticipating it! I know some of you are members, too. If not, I would encourage you to take the challenge. We are going to read the Bible through in 18 weeks (only reading 5 days instead of 7 days a week). It is quite a challenge for moms, but one that I know we can all accomplish if we really want to.
I am ashamed to say, that at almost 28 years old, I have never read the Bible all the way through. I have read many different parts and had lots of Bible studies, but I really want to be able to say I read the Bible from cover to cover.
My dad preached a sermon yesterday morning that really made me want to do this even more. The title of the sermon was "Growing and Multiplying the Word in 2011". The text was Acts 12:24, which simply says (NKJV) "But the Word of God grew and multiplied." I also like the NLT which says "But God's Good News was spreading rapidly, and there were many new believers." There are 5 ways for us to grow and multiply the Word: hear, read, study, memorize, and meditate.
My dad told the story of a man who read his Bible cover to cover 35 times before he died! What a testimony! I will be happy to have read it through 1 time, but 35 times is such an inspiration to me! I really want to grow spiritually and spend more time in the Word this year, and this is a great way to do just that. I want to be a Godly woman that people look up to. I want to be a good example of a Christian mother for my children. I want my children to see me feasting on the Word of God and want to do the same!
I encourage all who read this to spend time in God's word this year! Make time every day to spend with Him. He certainly deserves that (and so much more). If you are not part of the SAHM group and want to be (you do not actually have to be a SAH mom; it is open to anyone who wants to join) let me know and I can add you to the facebook group and give you the link to the study. Revelation 1:3 "Blessed is he who reads and those who hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written in it; for the time is near."

No comments:

Post a Comment